How To Switch Your Personal Accounts To Texas Gulf Bank
Switching Your Accounts is Easy! Switching banks doesn’t have to be a hassle! We have helped many customers move their banking relationships to Texas Gulf Bank, and we would like to make it easy for you. Just follow these three easy steps:
1. Apply for your new Texas Gulf Bank, N.A. account
- Visit your closest Texas Gulf Bank branch and open your account. (Please make sure you bring 2 forms of identification. For example: birth certificate, state id card, passport, social security card, etc. The primary ID must be an unexpired government-issued ID with a photo and your signature. )
- You can also fill out our New Account Application and bring it with you to expedite the process.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
2. Move your automatic payments and deposits to your new account
Fill out these letters and send them to the institutions that debit and credit your old account.
Don’t forget those companies that might be using your old debit card information to debit your account. Remember monthly insurance payments, loan payments, utilities, credit card payments, etc.
3. Close your old account
- When all automatic transactions have been switched and all outstanding checks and ACH items have cleared, use our Account Closing Letter to notify your old bank to close your account and send any remaining funds to you or to Texas Gulf Bank to be deposited into your new account.