Protect yourself from card skimming
February 13, 2017
Have you heard of anyone’s debit card information being stolen and utilized while they still have the card in their physical possession? If so, they more than likely have fallen victim to a card-skimming device.
- Check for tampering. Pay careful attention to what the card reader and keypad normally look like on the machines you frequent most. Look for anything different or misaligned. Card-reading machines don’t have loose parts. If it wiggles, don’t use it.
- Shield your PIN. Assume someone is watching. Always cover the keypad when you’re typing in your PIN.
- Report it. Call the customer service number on your ATM or card reading device immediately if a machine appears suspicious or if it does not function properly.
- Login to online banking
- Click on the “Options” button
- Click on the “ATM/Debit Card” button
If you are not enrolled in online banking, please report a lost or stolen Texas Gulf Bank Visa® Debit Card or ATM Card immediately. During regular lobby hours call 800-467-7216 and ask for customer service. After hours and on weekends, call 888-297-3416.
Visa® is a registered Trademark of Visa International Service Association