To access TGB Text Banking, first you must enroll in Online Banking. If you're already an Online Banking customer, follow the steps below to set up your SMS text messaging capabilities.
- From your computer, visit Texas Gulf Bank's online banking site and enter your ID and Password.
- Click the "Options" tab.
- Click the "Mobile Settings" tab.
- Click the "Text Mobile Settings" tab.
- Check the box to enable text access to your mobile phone and then check to accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your mobile number and choose your mobile provider. Next, select accounts to access via text and create a Mobile Short Name for each selected account. The Mobile Short Name is the name that will be included in the text to request information for a specific account.
- Click "Submit".
- Review your choices and then click "Confirm.
- You should receive a text message asking you to reply with "YES" to confirm your subscription.
- Text the reply "YES." You should then receive a text message welcoming you to Texas Gulf Bank.
Bal = All account balances
Bal short name = Acct balance for specific account
Hist = All accounts recent history
Hist short name = Activity for specific account
HELP = Commands
STOP = Cancel
*Note: Messages are not case sensitive
For questions or help with online banking enrollment, mobile banking, or text banking, call the Texas Gulf Bank customer service team at 800.467.7216 between the hours of 9 and 5 Monday through Friday.