Home Locations Customer Service Security Employees Contact
Texas Gulf Bank
Texas Gulf Bank - Building relationships since 1913
Personal Banking
Business Banking
About TGB
Overview
TGB History
Careers
News & Media
Customer Service
Contact Us
View My Accounts
Account Login
Online Banking Demo
Enroll Now
View Rates
Our Locations
Report a Lost/Stolen Card

Timeline

July 11,1913Freeport National Bank receives its charter and opens with $50,000 in capital stock. The first building was located on W. Park Avenue in Freeport, Texas.
1913Freeport National Bank begins issuing its own currency backed by the U.S. government. The National Currency Act required that each National Bank Note be signed by the cashier and the bank's president or VP. The individual charters allowed the issuance of bank notes up to a maximum amount determined by Freeport's population. This process came to an end in 1935, when the Comptroller of the Currency shipped the last of the National Bank Notes. Sample $5 Bill    Sample $20 Bill
1929The Great Depression begins. Times are difficult in the United States, but the bank continues to thrive.
1933The Banking Act of 1933 establishes the FDIC to provide regulatory oversight and deposit insurance to banks.
1941World War II breaks out, providing a dramatic effect on the economy as spending on the war begins.
May 8, 1945Victory in Europe Day marks the end of the war, and United States bank assets are double their pre-war total.
1949Diner's Club International is established, and consumers begin using the "credit card."
December,1955Freeport National Bank moves from its original location to a larger building at 103 Cherry Street in Freeport. Deposits had grown to $4.5 million and loans were at $1.5 million.
1963The bank changes its name to First Freeport National Bank.
1967The first automatic cash dispenser (known today as an ATM) is installed in Barclay's Bank near London.
1970First Freeport National Bank builds a new three-story building on the corner of Cherry Street and 2nd Street in Freeport, Texas. There is still a branch of the bank at this location today.
1973First Freeport Corporation, a bank holding company, is chartered to serve as a base to expand. By this year, deposits had grown to $30 million and loans were at $17.5 million.
April 16, 1976Chemical National Bank opens on the corner of Dixie Drive and Hwy 332 in Clute.
1980Alvin National opens. This location was sold to Express Bank in 1992.
1982First Freeport Corporation changes its name to Texas Gulf Bancshares, Inc. Trust Services were also added to the bank's service offerings.
January, 1983Coastal National opens its doors at 1717 N. Velasco in Angleton.
1990Texas Gulf Bancshares receives approval to merge its four subsidiary banks and all adopt the common name of Texas Gulf Bank, NA.
1992The bank adds a full service mortgage department.
1994The Lake Jackson branch is opened at 107 West Way.
1996Texas Gulf Bancshares, Inc. acquires First Commerce Freeport on Brazosport Blvd. in Freeport.
2001The Lake Jackson branch moves to its current location at 203 This Way.
December,2004Texas Gulf Bank, NA opens its 6th location at 730 W. Brazos in West Columbia.
February, 2009Texas Gulf Bank, NA expands into Houston and opens its 7th location at 1626 S. Voss.
May, 2010The West Columbia banking center moves to its current location at 109 E. Brazos.
November,2010Texas Gulf Bank, NA expands into Friendswood and opens its 8th location at 1100 B S. Friendswood Drive.
February, 2012
The Friendswood banking center moves to its current location at 1003 S. Friendswood Drive.
February, 2013
Texas Gulf Bank, N.A. expands into West U and opens its 9th banking center at 5600 Kirby Drive
Overview
Timeline
Texas Gulf Bank Milestones
Texas Gulf Bank, N.A.  1-800-467-7216   Contact Texas Gulf Bank