Growing My Business
Getting Your Business Found Online
Date:11 July, 2018
No matter what type of business you have, being found online is a crucial step in driving traffic to your door. Unfortunately getting your business displayed in the top results of search engine findings can feel like an uphill battle. So, how do you make your business stand out to potential customers in a sea of search engine results with a limited budget?
While marketing your business online may seem like a daunting task, digital marketing can be an affordable option that yields a good return on investment. Below are three top strategies in getting your business found on the internet.
- Set Up A Social Media Account
Setting up a social media account on popular platforms that reach your intended audience is a crucial step in building credibility online. Consider which sites are the best fit for your business. Whether it's a Facebook Business page, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or LinkedIn Business page, do a little online research to determine what platform is the best place for you to tell your story. It’s not necessary to post to all social networks on a regular basis. Begin by choosing one or two and consistently publish content to promote your business and increase engagement.
- Utilize Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tactics
Using organic or unpaid search tactics can increase your chances of appearing high in online search listings like Google, Yahoo and Bing, driving traffic to your website or store. You can do this by:
• Including your business address, hours and any other information you want potential customers to know about your business on your website
• Updating or adding your business listings on social media channels and business directories like Yellowpages.com, local Chamber of Commerce Directories and industry specific directories
• Creating a Google My Business Account and making sure you keep your business hours, address and phone number updated
- Invest in Paid Search Advertising
Just about every time you conduct a Google search, paid/sponsored advertisements are the top results, appearing above organic results. This method of advertising can be extremely effective for some businesses, but also costs money and only works as long as you are paying for the ad(s) to run. You will find pay-per-click (PPC) advertising available through Google AdWords and other popular advertising platforms.
It’s not enough in today’s business climate to simply open your front door and expect that customers will automatically appear. Spreading the word about your business includes making it easy for potential customers to find you online. Using online strategies that best fit your needs will provide a way to expand your existing customer base and contribute to your overall success.