To access TGB Text Banking, first you must enroll in Online Banking as well as set up your preferences for Mobile Banking. If you're already an Online Banking customer, follow the steps below to set up your SMS text messaging capabilities.
- From your computer, visit Texas Gulf Bank's online banking site and enter your ID and PIN/Password.
- Click the "Options" tab.
- Click the "Mobile Settings" tab.
- Click the "Text Mobile Settings" tab.
- Enter your mobile number, select accounts to access via text and create a Mobile Short Name for each selected account. The Mobile Short Name is the name that will be included in the text to request information for a specific account.
- Click "Submit".
- Review enrollment Agreement. Check "I accept these full terms and conditions" and click "Confirm".
- The following informational message will be displayed: "In order to validate your Mobile
Text preferences, text the validation code XXXXX* to Texas Gulf Bank's
short code (89549). This will confirm the changes you've made for Text
Mobile Banking. Please make sure to save Texas Gulf Bank's short code
under your mobile phone contacts for future reference."
security five digit number (validation code) will be unique to each
user and will be used when enrolling originally or changing enrollment
- Text the validation code provided on the confirmation screen to the
Texas Gulf Bank's short code (text number) to complete the enrollment
Bal = All account balances
Bal acct Name = Single Acct Balance
Hist = All Accounts Recent History
Hist Account Name = Single Acct Activity
HELP = Commands
STOP = Cancel
*Note: Messages are not case sensitive
For questions or help with online banking enrollment, mobile banking, or text banking, call the Texas Gulf Bank customer service team at 800.467.7216 between the hours of 9 and 5 Monday through Friday.